Aspera On Demand for Amazon Web Services
Aspera is first in the world to offer seamless, line-speed ingest and distribution of very large media files to and from cloud-based object storage such as the AWS S3 service, independent of distance, and completely secure. With digital supply chains now spanning the globe and the complexity associated with transferring ever-larger file sizes over longer distances increasing exponentially, digital media companies can now realize the full benefits of the cloud with Aspera On-Demand solutions for the high-speed transfer, processing, and storage, of their digital content.
Aspera Direct-to-S3 eliminates the two bottlenecks across the WAN and inside the datacenter to enable direct I/O in and out of Amazon S3 storage from all Aspera clients and servers. Direct-to-S3 performs high-speed fasp transfers over the WAN, and transparently handles cloud-specific I/O including S3 multi-part uploads delivering unrivaled performance for the transfer of large files, or large collections of files, in and out of the cloud.
Using parallel HTTP streams between S3 and the Aspera On-Demand server running on Amazon EC2, the intra-cloud data transfer no longer constrains the overall transfer rate. The files are written directly to S3, without a stop-off on EC2, achieving transfer rate improvements of up to 10x per virtual machine instance over the typical cloud transfer solutions.
Scale out, on demand transfers
Based on our enterprise-class transfer servers, Direct-to-S3 enables scale-out of transfer capacity by spinning up additional Machine Images (AMI).
Flexible Storage Options
Choose between Local storage, EBS, or AWS S3
All Aspera transfer servers, applications, and clients are available on a usage-based subscription service, with many options and configurations to meet your needs.
Aspera Shares provides a simple and intuitive way for companies to share content in the form of files and directories, of any size, within their organization or with external customers and partners.
Easy-to-use Web Interface
A single Web interface provides consolidated access and easy navigation across distributed files and folders. Users have powerful search capabilities to locate the files or folders they need, and initiate a high-speed file upload or download. Basic operations can be performed on a single file or folder, or on a collection of files and folders and all actions are logged and viewable in the activity feed.
Powerful security and access model
Administrators have granular control over which shares, directories and files each user can access, as well as the operations the user is allowed to perform. The security model is administered through a single management point combining authorization, user management, and access control.
Support for private, public and hybrid clouds
As companies adopt the Cloud for on demand storage, they are often faced with the choice of where to place their most important digital content. With Aspera Shares, they have complete flexibility in where the content is placed. Whether it is stored in an existing datacenter, a remote office, or public cloud storage such as Amazon Web Services S3, Aspera Shares can consolidate all of the content and provide seamless access across all the nodes, hiding the physical location from the end user.
Key Features and Benefits
Unrivaled Aspera performance
- Built on Aspera fasp™ technology for maximum transfer speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with real-time reporting of transfer progress and performance.
- Decoupled from the content stores and underlying transfer servers or nodes, with single view of the shared content across those nodes.
- Supports transfers of singe files, individual directories, or batches of files and directories of any size over any distance.
- Supports geographically dispersed nodes across regions, countries, or continents.
- Provides a single web interface consolidating all content from any combination of nodes in public or private clouds or private data centers.
Easy to Use Web Interface
- Single easy-to-navigate view consolidates all shared content.
- Powerful search, filtering, and sorting make it easy to find items in a very large content store.
- Operations can be performed on single items or on collections of files and folders.
Powerful Security and Access Model
- Secure authenticated access with seamless user authorization across multiple file sharing points.
- Support for users, groups, and directory services (AD, LDAP and local and remote users).
- Granular control over all end-user operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, making new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories.
Monitoring and Alerts
- Real-time activity feed of user and administrative actions and operations.
- Comprehensive system of logging and administrator alerts.
- Configurable thresholds for administrative alerts such as the % or amount of free space available.
Aspera faspex™ Server is a high-speed, secure, cloud-based platform for global file collaboration and exchange. The Web interface and email style workflow makes it easy for individuals and teams to send, receive, and share information over global distances.
Fast, Efficient Collaboration
Users can choose from a variety of client options to send and receive files, including an easy-to-use web interface, a Microsoft Outlook client add-in, an iPhone/iPad mobile app, or Cargo, a simple automatic download desktop widget.
Recipients are notified via e-mail when packages arrive and Aspera’s patented fasp™ transport technology handles the movement of data to and from the server.
To enable a variety of file-based workflows, Aspera faspex™ Server supports drop boxes for ad-hoc content submission, remote source publishing for browsing and sending content from remote servers (enterprise and cloud), and moderated or un-moderated third-party self-registration.
Built in security includes user authentication, data integrity validation, and encryption over the wire and at rest. Downloaded packages can be automatically decrypted on the fly, if the recipient has been provided the passphrase, or will be downloaded and stored in an encrypted package until the sender provides the passphrase at a later date.
Key Features and Benefits
Maximum data transfer performance
- Transfers are powered by fasp™ - packages are sent at high-speed, regardless of file sizes, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Precise bandwidth control for maximum transfer speeds and fairness to other traffic.
- 100% reliable data delivery with automatic resumes of partial transfers, retries of failed transfers and fallback to HTTP for highly restrictive networks.
Designed for fast, efficient collaboration
- Choice of interfaces for high-speed upload and download of faspex™ packages: browser plug-in, desktop application, Microsoft Outlook add-in, and iOS mobile app.
- Remote source publishing (enterprise and cloud) allows users to browse any remote storage location and attach files or directories to a faspex™ package.
- Private drop-boxes for content contribution, with tracking and notifications.
- Self-registration for 3rd parties with moderated and un-moderated configuration.
Secure and reliable enterprise-grade platform
- Integrated with LDAP directory services for import, synchronization, direct authentication, and secure authentication, scalable to thousands of users.
- Full AES-128 data encryption available over the wire and at rest.
- Configurable security options include session timeout, concurrent login prevention and automatic deactivation after successive failed login attempts.
- Active / Active highly available cluster configuration with shared storage ensures continuous availability of the faspex™ application.
Custom workflow integrations
- Enforceable custom metadata submission requirements and metadata validation.
- Automatic triggering of post-processing functions after upload completion.
- Custom programmatic integrations via a command line tool or a Web Services API.